Monday, September 14, 2009

Can Garlic Boost Your Dog's Immune System?

Hi There, VivBounty here with my personal report of how garlic has boosted my dog's immune system.

I have first hand experience with this wonderful natural remedy. I have read various reports on the Internet about how garlic is a wonderful way to boost your immune system and have always been a garlic fan. What I have learned in the past year is that garlic can also boost your dog's immune system.

On the following Web site, you will find many testimonials about how garlic is ok to feed your dog in low doses Testimonials about garlic for dogs.

In previous posts I have written about my dog, Pedro who we adopted in Spain. He is now 5 years old and much happier outside after his second summer in North America. We found out the hard way on a cross-country trip that Pedro is allergic to flea and mosquito bites. In addition, possibly due to the stress of moving through several countries, climate changes and various parasites, Pedro had a hot spot, and sometime later, hair loss in two large patches on either side of his tail.

After doing considerable research into garlic boosting, I began to supplement his diet with 2 cloves of garlic in his meal once a day. 2 years later he is happy, healthy, no more scratching, no more eruptions and as his fur is white I see mosquitoes barely land on him and promptly fly off in disgust. I can only assume the fleas are doing the same thing. His bedding is white, as I have sewn fitted sheets for both his beds from our old Spanish ones which do not fit on Canadian queen size beds, our carpets are light and in my diligent inspections I have found no evidence of fleas, ticks, or the like. His fur soon grew back in and not a hot spot in sight in 18 months.

For more information clearly outlining the health benefits of supplementing your dogs’ diet with garlic, what dosage and form, and the ongoing dispute of its safety, please see Garlic For Dogs.

It must be said that Pedro now weighs 85 lbs and 2 raw cloves of garlic in his food does make for a smelly burp. He seems to take pleasure in going to my hubby immediately after eating his dinner and as he stands almost eye-level to him when seated on the settee, gives a huge burp. which is greeted with “Good grief, Pedro that’s just charming! You should go and thank your mum for your dinner and burp on her”. It’s all lost on me really as I love the smell of garlic and Pedro happily wags his tail before going to lay down on his mammoth doggy sofa.

Until next time, please make sure you consult with your vet about any health concerns prior to self-treating.

Prosperous Blessings,
VivBounty

Free Marketing Tools. Use them to Earn Cash
Anyone Can Do This With Zero Experience. Just $5
Protect Your Pet Year Round. Naturally
Profit Pulling Widgets. Harness their power for your products

VivBounty.blogspot.com

No comments: